Development Team Project Manager
TL;DR – Growing SaaS company in the Life Sciences sector seeking a technical, hardworking, and entrepreneurial teammate to help shape our development process
About our company and culture
At ZenQMS, we develop amazing quality management software for the whole enterprise. Our cloud-based platform, which includes modules for Document Management, Issue/CAPA, Training, Audits & Supplier Management, offers companies a tremendous opportunity to improve quality compliance and save money.
Our business is growing rapidly but built on an established and well-respected client base. Accordingly, we believe that we’ve been able to cultivate an environment that is both collegial and entrepreneurial, but still retains a bit of early-stage fun. Our employees range from recent college graduates to professionals with 20+ years of experience.
What does this position actually do?
As the Development Team Project Manager, you will spend the first few weeks getting intimately familiar with our application, existing requirements, and software development process/lifecycle. After the initial period, you will begin working closely with the Software Development team, Application Designers, Operations team, and company leadership to translate business needs, team capacity, and product direction into an actionable project plan that you will then manage. Your position will entail: drafting requirements, coordinating timelines (across all teams), determining resources (plan and manage sprints), and keeping various stakeholders up to date on status and progress using Agile methodologies. You will work in a team-oriented, fast paced, and entrepreneurial environment with the Development, Operations, and Management teams to deliver critical application releases.
- Requirements Management & Product Improvement
- Maintain existing Product/Development requirements
- Translate business needs, product direction, and client requests into new requirements for future development
- Project Management
- Work with company leadership to establish timelines and allocate resources to deliver on product and company priorities
- Plan and manage sprints
- Keep various stakeholders up to date on project status and progress
- Act as a liaison between different groups to ensure that project progress remains on track
- Process Improvement
- Identify process issues or inefficiencies, determine potential solutions, and put them into practice
- Test results using data driven techniques
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated passion for entrepreneurship and a continuous improvement mindset
- Highly skilled in multi-tasking and managing priorities effectively
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent analytical skills
- Prior experience:
- With project management using Agile methodologies in conjunction with Jira is preferred
- Managing a development team and/or development resources
- Ability to:
- Communicate effectively
- Motivate and lead others
- Improve productivity
- Give and receive feedback
- Problem solve
- Team player who understands when to ask for help
- Bachelor's degree required
No recruiters please.